Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Storms

Have you ever experienced a struggle in your life?
Recently my family and I have been experiencing a tough storm. Storms can be dark, cold, miserable. You feel like you can't see in front of you and if you call out, who will hear?
Storms can be overwhelming.
Throughout this time, feelings of loneliness, insecurity, anger, and sadness have crept up on me. Where do you go when you feel alone? Where do you go when you feel God is a million miles away?
That's when I would open my Bible and cry out to God to grant me comfort. Every time- he would answer my cry.

Psalm 63:5-8 "I hold on to you for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post."

Psalm 46:1-3 "God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need him. We stand fearless at the cliff edge of doom, courageous in sea storm and earthquake, before the rush and roar of oceans, the tremors that shift the mountains."

He gave me faith, hope and trust.
Things that I never thought would happen to our family were happening. I experienced weeks of darkness. I felt so alone.
The only place that I could run was to the open arms of my heavenly father. I would picture him carrying me when I had no strength and holding me close when I was alone. He gave me comfort to move on.
He gave me strength to forgive. He gave me strength when my dad had to leave our house. God carried me 100% through.
He started us on this spiritual journey and will continue to til the end. God is showing me to surrender completely to him- because he knows what he's doing.
"Lord, take it all because I can't take it any longer. All I have, I can't make it on my own. Take the first, take the last- take the good and take the rest. Here I am, all I have- take it all."

It's not if storms will approach but rather when and they may last a while but God is in control and will carry you through if you put your trust in him.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I especially loved your last paragraph on how it's not if, or when* storms will come, becuase it's true. Struggles will come, and we need to be prepared as much as we can with our faith in Christ cuz ultimately He's the One who will help us and get us through. Encouraging post :)

    ReplyDelete